Friday, March 10, 2017

Tau of War Commissions: the Ta'Unar

Its another day in the Tau of War studio, where only bluegrass and reggae can be heard over the hum of the old air compressor. 
Today we are continuing the process of laying down our foundations. 
You can see here a lot of orange and black. 
The orange provides a nice base for the red and allows me to highlight by simply leaving edges with lighter coats of red. 
The black will be a cold black. 
We'll highlight it with turquoise and white.
The idea here is to get lovely warm red broken up by a glittery gold black. 
There's a problem though. 
This model is huge. 
The surface area of the different color panels is astounding at times. 
So I'm running out of paint. 
This model just takes so much freakin' paint. 
I'll have to dip out to Rockville for a shopping spree at Hobbytown.
They're the closest retailer of Vallejo paints. 
Sadly, they're often out of paints I need. 
Another thing I need.  
Blocks of wood for mounting all the weapons and arm options. 

This torso rivals the size of my 16-month old's head. 

Mounting this to a round base makes it really easy to manipulate for painting.

Add caption


No comments: