Sunday, May 3, 2009

What happened to Old Shatter Hands???


Sorry for the lack of posts lately. I think I took an almost two month hiatus to focus on other things. I've still managed to get some painting done, including a couple new rhinos for my Blood Angels, Dante, and a Baal Predator. I've started a new Tau army and I hope to get some pics up as soon as I have them painted. I'm taking a new approach to army building. I've decided to start with an army list, assemble everything and paint in bulk using the citadel spray gun. I plan on painting all of the infantry in one go. That means 24 Fire Warriors and 8 Pathfinders all in a line as I go down and paint stage by stage. Then I'll reward myself by getting a squad of battlesuits down, then it's on to doing all the Devilfish in one go....4 of them! It's sounds difficult but I think it will result in a uniform and beautifully painted army.

I believe my list is well structured to lay down lots of fire while keeping on the move. 4 Devilfish, 2 Hammerheads, 2 squads of XV8 Suits, and 2 Pirahnas. It should be fast and deadly, though it may have some trouble in dealing with AV 14 vehicles. I might consider throwing in some Broadside BattleSuits. Well, keep posted. Old Shatter is back I promise.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey oldshatterhands, want to do a link swap with Warhammer Tau?

Basically, you list me on your Widsom and Inspiration list, I'll list you on my Warhammer 40K Links (which is soon going to be Tau specific links at this rate).

What do you think?

Tim said...

No problem! Adding the link now...