Saturday, July 6, 2013

Desktop Shot

With the Redemption of the Fallen army coming together, I took a break from Dark Angels to switch gears a bit. I've decide to make a few display pieces so that I can enter them in competitions over the next year.

So here is a shot of a base coming together.
I wanted to do a plinth but I cut the wood too tall and had trouble re-sizing it. I'll have to get some new wood and cut shorter plinths at some point, but I didn't want that to slow me down so I went with a WHFB base. Something about the square base appealed to me for this figure.
Milliput is a great material to work with. It get softer with water and doesn't stick to everything like green stuff. I can see myself sculpting some busts with it...who knows?



3 comments:

17yearoldhobbyist said...

Cool. Always loved the idea of a plinth for a model!

Anonymous said...

Are you going to start doing the tactics again for the new codex and list building etc redone as well?

Tim said...

Hi Anon, I'm not really sure that 6th Edition Tau really need extensive tactics anymore. They are more of a point and click army nowadays, sadly...