Thursday, September 5, 2013

Black Ops Tau

There's a mountain pile of plastic arms, weapons, heads, horns and pouches across my painting table as I cut, sculpt and glue the beginnings of this conversion. The design mantra here is: Elysium, Tau, Black Ops, Elysium, Tau, Black Ops.

My first model is shown here.

It's nice, but it's not what I want. Pulse Carbines are just not detailed enough. The torso looks too Imperial, even with copious chopping, scraping and adding bits. Still, I'm going to keep this bloke. I love how the pose came out. 

Next up, I decided to try my hand at sculpting. It is not easy by any stretch. If anyone knows of any good sculpting tutorials do let me know. 



3 comments:

Guerk el Otro said...

awesome!

el tau said...

as did the head

Unknown said...

Its been a long time since you have posted this one but I can't resist giving a comment on this one!

The first model looks fantastic, the pose and overall feeling is great! and yes I agree with the torso not looking Tau-ish enough!

The second torso looks really good! have you done some more work on them since?