Saturday, August 22, 2015

NOVA Prep: Adeptus Mechanicus Dragoons and Ironstriders

Although it looks like I'm not going to NOVA (if I do, it'd be on Friday only), I still feel like I am one of the 100s of hobbyists out there busting his ass trying to get big projects done before. In my case I am working on 15 Admech Cavalry to accompany the 3 Knights I did a while back. 

The color scheme is transferring to these models rather well in my estimation and I having a lot of fun painting them. But I am finding that short breaks are needed about every hour, in order to keep me sane. I'm putting in roughly 2 hours of work per day on these. But like I said, I love how they are coming together. 

I guess the main excitement for me is seeing my color scheme on some models other than Knights and seeing how it transfers. 



10 comments:

John Stiening said...

I love this color scheme. I think you nailed it. Orange is such a good mecha color, but is underrepresented in 40k. If you tell me this is a narrative army I'll be really happy.

Tim said...

I'm actually not sure what event this will be in. I understand that its not street-legal for the main GT, so it might be going to the narrative.

davetaylor said...

15! I'm excited to see that many on the table at once, especially looking this cool : )

Zab said...

Very very nice palette! Slog on :)

Tim said...

15 is a lot. I've already got 5 done. Considering how expensive the models are alone, I'm pretty sure the client is going to be the only guy there with this many.

greggles said...

Are you bringing any of these models? Maybe to compete in the painting competition? I hope so, because I'd love to see one!

Tim said...

Greg, they'll be at the NOVA open alright. Not in the painting competition though.

greggles said...

Awesome Tim! I slapped myself after I saw they were for a commission, I just got too excited. haha

Tim said...

Greg, I just heard from the Client. The army will be there, but in no events as they aren't street legal, apparently. Since knights are banned and this army has three of them.

greggles said...

Hmm...well hopefully he will be playing pickup games or something, I'll look out for the models. I love seeing mini's in person, and even get more excited if it is mini's a blogger I follow has on display!