Thursday, February 4, 2010

Space Wolves Blog: Win a Space Wolves Audio Book

If you play Warhammer 40,000, you are a Space Wolves fan. Everybody is. Sure you might think that they are beardy gits, refer to them as Space Puppies and unload all your best dog puns when you see them. Or you might not like their psychic powers but without a doubt these Nordic warriors hold a special place in your heart. They've been in the game since its beginnings. I remember when I first started playing Warhammer 40,000 in 1994, my friend had at that time the new Space Wolves Codex. It was the first appearance of Long Fangs and Blood Claws and had this battle report against Orks who at the time, where the punching bags and comic relief of the Warhammer 40,000 universe. Yep, they used to have battle reports in the Codices. My friend collected a Space Wolves army and then proceeded to win every game since. My Chaos Space Marines, who were without a Codex at the time, didn't stand a chance.

I mean honestly, who doesn't like Space Wolves? Vikings in Space? Hell YES.
The new models are beautiful. Luckily there is a blog out there on the internets dedicated to this magnificent race of beings. Space Wolves Blog by Adam.

Not only can you find some great pics of armies as they are built and painted, but he's got painting and converting guides like this one here, tactics articles and unit guides for the fledging Wolf Lord. This month Adam is also running a contest for a Space Wolves Audio Book. Click this link for more details.


The site is updated regularly and I visit it a couple times a week. Makes me wish I could get my Space Wolves off the ground (so far they are unassembled in a kennel and waiting some modelling love before I can unleash them).

3 comments:

levi said...

If there's any chapter I don't like at all, that's the Space Wolves :) And the Ultramarines of course.

Tim said...

I know. A lot of people hate 'em. But you can't argue that they don't look cool. :P

Unknown said...

What's to hate Levi? Or is it simply because they're marines.