Monday, July 15, 2013

Getting there - Ork Nob and Buddy WIP


The Ork Nob and his little grot buddy are starting to come together. There are only a few more details which need to be adjusted and he'll be ready to go. 

In the background of this photo you can see lots of the materials and substances I use for painting. I was thinking about doing an article about all the non-paint materials I use during my process. For example you can see:
Surface Primer
Matte Medium
Rust Brown Ink
Satin Varnish
Zip Kicker

These bottles are pretty important to how I paint and build models that I thought it might help people if I went through and discussed their use. Would anyone like that? 

Not sure if it's worth the time as you can probably find this elsewhere on the internet. 

I've also got some ideas for new Tau paint schemes that I might add to my Hobby Resources. 


4 comments:

Ede said...

Tim, I haven't seen your blog in a couple months. I have to say that your painting has gotten significantly better. You have always had a knack for impressive conversions. But seeing how good your painting skills have gotten in combination with your converting skills is nothing short of amazing... Despite the fact that it's an ork model.

Anonymous said...

I'd be interested in a post on your materials, certainly. It's possible that the information is out there, but that's hard to find when I don't know what you're using and how you're using it. Besides, I'm familiar with your work, so knowing the combination of materials that goes into it would be pretty interesting.

Lead Legion said...

Very nicely done. He looks almost perfect. I'm keen to see how you can improve on him.

J.V.Z said...

Looks very good so far Tim and looking forward to more WIP shots soon :)