Monday, August 5, 2013

What's On My Desktop

This is just a fun, no-pressure model I put together from spare parts. The drone dome is from a Tau sentry tower while the head and weapons are from Paulsongames.com. 

In keeping with the no-pressure modeling, I painted the drone in a single session with an airbrush, real fast and dirty. I'll spend another session on him and I "might" end up throwing him into the Nova painting competition. 


I'm down to the final model of a Space Wolf commission which started earlier in the year. I've saved the best for last - a forge world dreadnought. The banner is the best part of the fig, can't wait to paint it. 

That's all for now. Thanks for reading! 




5 comments:

Bottom Banana said...

all bow before the mega- drone!

Tim said...

haha! love it!

Mech Dude said...

The drone is awesome what did you use for the underside bits?

(the non-missile launcher parts)

Mech Dude said...

The drone is awesome what did you use for the underside bits?

(the non-missile launcher parts)

Shas'el Mike said...

I dig it! Flipping back through your previous posts, plus some ATT, and I was inspired to do some converting myself. Figured I would share.

I've updated my suits to (ideally) be less sucky and more forgeworldy, but only using a couple extra stealth suit parts plus the bog-standard Crisis Suit kit. Strong enough to play with, and so on. Here is the link to the pic of my two completed suits, should you be interested:
http://i1362.photobucket.com/albums/r685/ninjaturkey/XV8%20Crisis%20Suit%20Refresh%20Tutorial/f0440928-0fea-432d-b7c4-e18551db0998_zps71e79447.jpg

Additionally, the two forum posts detailing their conversion are:
http://advancedtautactica.com/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=21078
http://advancedtautactica.com/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=21051

Anyways, wanted to share. Thanks for all the inspiration!